Marvel’s March 2015 solicitations are out, with covers and blurbs for the third issue of both the Star Wars and Darth Vader comic series:
Star Wars #3:
- The attack on Cymoon-1 comes crashing to an end!
- Will the Rebels overcome Vader to strike another blow against the Empire?
- And is Luke ready to be the Jedi Ben wanted him to be?
It’ll be interesting to see how this integrates with the novel Heir to the Jedi, which covers similar ground and is also set for release in March.
Darth Vader #3:
- When a Dark Lord needs help, who can he turn to?
- Meet Aphra—the galaxy’s foremost raider of lost weaponry!
- Plus: could these be the deadly droids she’s looking for?
In addition, we have the following blurb for the Princess Leia miniseries:
Princess Leia #1-2:
When Princess Leia Organa was captured by the Empire as a Rebel spy, she never betrayed her convictions, even in the face of the complete destruction of her home world, Alderaan. When her rescue came, she grabbed a blaster and joined the fight, escaping back to the Rebel Alliance and helping strike the biggest blow against the Empire—the destruction of the Death Star. But in the aftermath of that victory, the question remains…what is a princess without a world?
StarWars.com have also updated with two preview pages from issue #1, which essentially recreate the throne room scene from Star Wars: A New Hope:
I know that fans of the old expanded universe gripe about the direction of these comics, but I couldn’t be happier. I really feel like the Star Wars I know and love is back in a big way.