There were a few things we officially learnt from the Force Awakens panel today:
- the desert planet is called Jakku, not Tatooine
- BB-8 is absolutely practical, with a working version present at the panel
- Rey is a resourceful but solitary scavenger on Jakku who meets Finn
- Finn finds himself in danger, and his reaction to this launches him into the story
- Poe Dameron is on a mission from “a certain Princess” when he encounters Finn
In addition, the exhibit reveals that while the classic X-wings were Incom T-65s, the new models are T-70s, and are used by the Resistance against the First Order.
Here are some photos from the exhibit, first compiled by Jesse at Making Star Wars:
Even more photos can be found here.